Hazards, Accidents And Bad Drivers

  • If you have, or nearly have, an accident because of unsafe infrastructure, give the Dunedin City Council a ring on 03 477 4000 and report the hazard.  The Council will then investigate it and look at what can be done to improve the situation.  You can read more about this process here.
  • You should also ring the Council if you have a crash of any kind while on your bike with a car, another cyclist or a pedestrian.  Even if no one is hurt these statistics are used when planning or modifying cycling and road facilities so it’s important to make sure they’re as accurate as possible.
  • If you want to report, but not press charges against, a bad driver that has put you at risk while you’re riding, you can complete and submit this online form for the NZ Police who will speak to the driver about what has been reported about them without mentioning your name.
  • If you wish an incident to be investigated with a view to charges being laid in Court you must lodge a formal complaint with your nearest police station.

What do you think? Comment below

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s